Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should we consider outsourcing our parking?
- Do other hospitals outsource parking services?
- If Cornerstone were to manage our parking operation, what would happen to existing parking staff?
- Why is it critical to provide valet service? How can it help our hospital, and more importantly, our patients and visitors?
- What is an ambassador/greeter service?
1. Why should we consider outsourcing our parking?
- 25% parking revenue growth in three years or not,
- Your parking department advancing to become the fourth most profitable business in your entire hospital or not,
- Growing a valet operation from 1 to over 600 vehicles per day or not, and
- Turning a hospital department from adversarial to one that is viewed as approachable, helpful, and service oriented or not.
Let Cornerstone optimize your parking, one of your most valuable and important revenue streams.
2. Do other hospitals outsource parking services?More than 75% of hospitals now report turning the time-consuming "detail" work over to contractors. This includes:
- Food service
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Information systems
- Nursing staff
- Patient transport
Source: Michael F. Corbett and Assoc., Ltd. 2001; The 2001 outsourcing world summit.
"Focus on core" also means being more efficient and optimizing operations. Hospitals exist to heal people and save lives.
Contracting or outsourcing ancillary services, such as those listed above, allow hospitals to advance their medical reinvestment funds and increase efficiencies - to become even better at their core business.
In addition, while revenue optimization is not listed as a reason why hospitals outsource these services, with today's economy and continual competition to attract patients, growing profit margins is a significant factor for outsourcing.
By outsourcing your parking "details" to Cornerstone, you will gain increased revenue that actually helps you overcome some of your budget challenges - EVEN SAVING YOU FTE POSITIONS - that typically are reduced when budget cuts take place.
This is our track record. Let us help you.
3. If Cornerstone were to manage our parking operation, what would happen to existing parking staff?Our goal is always to retain existing parking management. We train them in Cornerstone practices that result in dramatic revenue growth and service enhancements, and use their skills to more quickly advance the success hospitals receive under our care, guidance, and protection.
To date, we possess a 100% track record of retaining existing parking management, as well as nearly all attendants and valets, at hospitals who have chosen to take advantage of our expertise.
We do not wipe out existing staff, cut wages, or make other dramatic cuts in order to grow your revenue and enhance service delivery.
We follow these steps to integrate seamlessly into your organization:
- Take time to learn and understand your hospital environment,
- Tailor our proven practices to match your campus,
- Apply persistent detailed focus in each critical parking area - staff oversight, auditing, cash handling, hiring and training, service delivery, valet, access control equipment, parking activity reports, contract parking, and more, and
- Maintain excellent leadership oversight.
Let us help you gain similar benefits.
4. Why is it critical to provide valet service? How can it help our hospital, and more importantly, our patients and visitors?
- Many simply would not make it to their appointment without valet
- "My husband had a stroke and I drove him to the clinic not knowing how I would get him out of the car since he was refusing to go. Thank God your staff was there, they helped immediately. We were here for 3 weeks and my family used valet every day."
- "This service means so much to me and the other older handicapped people. I thank you for it. Your employees are terrific."
- "This service is truly helpful since it's harder for me to walk a distance. Very good addition."
- "This is a very valuable service and I don't know what I would do without it. It makes coming to the hospital for a clinic visit almost enjoyable. The cost is also very reasonable."
- Today, almost 1 in 4 people in the U.S. is a baby boomer
- 72 million of 307 million population
- Boomers control 80% of disposable income
- Boomers value the "experience," demanding service excellence that valet delivers
- Boomers are willing to pay for quality healthcare provided the way they desire
- The need will explode by 2030:
- The over-65 population will nearly double
- More than 21 million boomers are expected to be obese
- 14 million will be living with diabetes
- More than 26 million will live with arthritis
- Eight times more knee replacements than today
- Removes fear and concern for those unfamiliar with a hospital setting or going through a difficult time
- Expands your parking inventory, WITHOUT building or securing additional parking space
- Drives revenue growth. Clinic appointment capacity can be increased with valet satisfying the additional parking pressure. By adding valet service, we helped increase one client's hospital clinic volume to 350% of the original building design.
Providing your patients and visitors with a positive first and last impression of your hospital is our priority.
Let us help you advance your patient satisfaction levels through our valet service.
5. What is an ambassador/greeter service?An ambassador/greeter program drives an excellent first and last impression, that offers advanced personalized touch for patients and visitors.
"Rolling out the red carpet" is how one patient described our ambassador/greeter service. In fact, the patient CHOOSES to come to this hospital even though it's nearly an hour further from another in-system hospital that she could go to. Her selection is based on our staff's treatment of her family each and every time they visit the hospital.
In fact, on the first day of operation at one hospital, our ambassador/greeter service helped OVER 30 PATIENTS AND VISITORS. It stunned hospital leadership that this service could be so helpful, so quickly. The effectiveness of advancing patient satisfaction has not slowed down since.
Many coming to a hospital already face hard challenges, difficult situations, or are uneasy about what to expect. A proper ambassador/greeter service should be able to recognize these concerns, then alleviate them.
- Provide directions
- Personally guide them to their final destination
- Track down a phone number
- Deliver or return a wheel chair
- Simply lend a listening ear or a shoulder to lean on
- And much more depending on patient and visitor needs.
As one of our greeters said so well, "Business is business, but taking care of people is what it's all about." And he's correct. Taking care of people is what it's all about. By doing this, we also take care of you.
Let us help you through our excellent ambassador/greeter program, tailored to your environment.